Healthcare Heroes 3rd edition – October 20 and 21, 2023
Creating new ideas, models and technologies for tomorrow’s healthcare system
Preparation: The Challenges
On the first day of the Hackaton, four challenges related to the healthcare revolution will be presented. Once the pitches are done, you will need to join your preferred challenge, and thus, your team for this hackathon.
Be aware that space for a challenge is limited, so you may have to register elsewhere. But don’t worry, all the challenges will keep your mind working!
While waiting for the official unveiling of the challenges during the hackathon, check out some teaser videos of the challengers here.
How to empower patients to take a more active role in their healthcare journey
Prof. dr. Philippe Coucke
How to create a system where the patient is a connected object in the internet of medical things
Vlaams Apothekers Netwerk
How to make the role of the community pharmacist more future-proof
How to bring more added value in care, cure, prevention and wellbeing
Session 1: The Hackaton
🗓️ DAY 1
- 9:00 – 9:15 AM Arrival time of participants
- 9:15 – 10:30 AM Launch of the hackathon and presentation of the challenges
- 10:30 – 11:15 AM Team formation
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM Design thinking workshop
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM Team lunch time; get to know others
- 1:00 – 5:00 PM Start to hack
- 5:00 PM Return home; see you tomorrow
🗓️ DAY 2
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Continue to hack
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch time
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Last laps to hack
- 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM Pitch time
- 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM Closing ceremony
- 5:00 PM Return home; see you at the parliament or next year
Session 2: The Finals
Four selected teams will have the opportunity to present and defend their innovative cases before an audience of healthcare experts and policymakers in the Belgian Federal Parliament.
Their projects will be heard, challenged and assessed by a grand jury. At the end of this session, one winning team will be announced as the new Healthcare Heroes 2024.
October 20 and 21, 2023
Be part of the event